LOAD DATA statement loads the data into a table from the user specified directory or file. If a directory is specified then all the files from the directory are loaded. If a file is specified then only the single file is loaded. Additionally the
LOAD DATA statement takes an optional partition specification. When a partition is specified, the data files (when input source is a directory) or the single file (when input source is a file) are loaded into the partition of the target table.
- Path of the file system. It can be either an absolute or a relative path.
- The name of an existing table.
PARTITION ( partition_col_name = partition_col_val [ , ... ] )
- Specifies one or more partition column and value pairs.
- If specified, it causes the
INPATHto be resolved against the local file system, instead of the default file system, which is typically a distributed storage.
- By default, new data is appended to the table. If
OVERWRITEis used, the table is instead overwritten with new data.