Spark Release 3.0.1
Spark 3.0.1 is a maintenance release containing stability fixes. This release is based on the branch-3.0 maintenance branch of Spark. We strongly recommend all 3.0 users to upgrade to this stable release.
- [SPARK-26905]: Revisit reserved/non-reserved keywords based on the ANSI SQL standard
- [SPARK-31220]: repartition obeys spark.sql.adaptive.coalescePartitions.initialPartitionNum when spark.sql.adaptive.enabled
- [SPARK-31703]: Changes made by SPARK-26985 break reading parquet files correctly in BigEndian architectures (AIX + LinuxPPC64)
- [SPARK-31915]: Resolve the grouping column properly per the case sensitivity in grouped and cogrouped pandas UDFs
- [SPARK-31923]: Event log cannot be generated when some internal accumulators use unexpected types
- [SPARK-31935]: Hadoop file system config should be effective in data source options
- [SPARK-31968]: write.partitionBy() creates duplicate subdirectories when user provides duplicate columns
- [SPARK-31983]: Tables of structured streaming tab show wrong result for duration column
- [SPARK-31990]: Streaming’s state store compatibility is broken
- [SPARK-32003]: Shuffle files for lost executor are not unregistered if fetch failure occurs after executor is lost
- [SPARK-32038]: Regression in handling NaN values in COUNT(DISTINCT)
- [SPARK-32073]: Drop R < 3.5 support
- [SPARK-32092]: CrossvalidatorModel does not save all submodels (it saves only 3)
- [SPARK-32136]: Spark producing incorrect groupBy results when key is a struct with nullable properties
- [SPARK-32148]: LEFT JOIN generating non-deterministic and unexpected result (regression in Spark 3.0)
- [SPARK-32220]: Cartesian Product Hint cause data error
- [SPARK-32310]: ML params default value parity
- [SPARK-32339]: Improve MLlib BLAS native acceleration docs
- [SPARK-32424]: Fix silent data change for timestamp parsing if overflow happens
- [SPARK-32451]: Support Apache Arrow 1.0.0 in SparkR
- [SPARK-32456]: Check the Distinct by assuming it as Aggregate for Structured Streaming
- [SPARK-32608]: Script Transform DELIMIT value should be formatted
- [SPARK-32646]: ORC predicate pushdown should work with case-insensitive analysis
- [SPARK-32658]: Partition length number overflow in PartitionWriterStream
- [SPARK-32676]: Fix double caching in KMeans/BiKMeans
- [SPARK-31511]: Make BytesToBytesMap iterator() thread-safe. This will be fixed in Spark 3.0.2.
- [SPARK-32779]: Spark/Hive3 interaction potentially causes deadlock. This will be fixed in Spark 3.0.2.
- [SPARK-32788]: non-partitioned table scan should not have partition filter. This will be fixed in Spark 3.0.2.
- [SPARK-32810]: CSV/JSON data sources should avoid globbing paths when inferring schema. This will be fixed in Spark 3.0.2.
You can consult JIRA for the detailed changes.
We would like to acknowledge all community members for contributing patches to this release.
Spark News Archive