Spark Release 3.3.3
Spark 3.3.3 is a maintenance release containing stability fixes. This release is based on the branch-3.3 maintenance branch of Spark. We strongly recommend all 3.3 users to upgrade to this stable release.
- [SPARK-37829]: An outer-join using joinWith on DataFrames returns Rows with null fields instead of null values
- [SPARK-39399]: proxy-user not working for Spark on k8s in cluster deploy mode
- [SPARK-39696]: Uncaught exception in thread executor-heartbeater java.util.ConcurrentModificationException: mutation occurred during iteration
- [SPARK-41741]: ParquetFilters StringStartsWith push down matching string do not use UTF-8
- [SPARK-41952]: Fix Parquet zstd off-heap memory leak as a workaround for PARQUET-2160
- [SPARK-42286]: Fix internal error for valid CASE WHEN expression with CAST when inserting into a table
- [SPARK-42473]: An explicit cast will be needed when INSERT OVERWRITE SELECT UNION ALL
- [SPARK-42937]: Join with subquery in condition can fail with wholestage codegen and adaptive execution disabled
- [SPARK-43050]: Fix construct aggregate expressions by replacing grouping functions
- [SPARK-43113]: Codegen error when full outer join’s bound condition has multiple references to the same stream-side column
- [SPARK-43240]: df.describe() method may- return wrong result if the last RDD is RDD[UnsafeRow]
- [SPARK-43541]: Incorrect column resolution on FULL OUTER JOIN with USING
- [SPARK-43718]: References to a specific side’s key in a USING join can have wrong nullability
- [SPARK-44040]: Fix compute stats when AggregateExec node above QueryStageExec
- [SPARK-44251]: Potential for incorrect results or NPE when full outer USING join has null key value
You can consult JIRA for the detailed changes.
We would like to acknowledge all community members for contributing patches to this release.
Spark News Archive